Document attestation is required if you want to present a Hong Kong legal document for use in Mainland China. This is similar to "notarization" or "notarial act" as happened with notary public's duties.
This is to prove the authenticity and legality of certain acts, matters and documents of legal significance occurring in or originating from Hong Kong. The purpose is to facilitate your civil and business activities in Mainland China.
The personal recognised to perform such formal function is called China-Appointed Attesting Officer. The attesting officer will prepare and attest the documents for your use in Mainland China. We have a China-Appointed Attesting Officer.
Types of corporate, business or personal documents for attestation may include:
- Bank reference
- Company Certificate of company particulars
- Certificate of board resolution
- Letter of Certification for Hong Kong enterprises
- Property transaction documents e.g. mortgage and charge
- CEPA Certificate Documents used for commercial activities
- Personal Statement of marital relationship (marriage)
- Declaration for estate succession or renunciation of rights over assets in Mainland China
- Declaration for child adoption
- Declaration for the application for immigration or visits to Hong Kong for the family members of Hong Kong residents
- Statement of financial conditions guarantee for studying abroad
- Power of attorney
- Deed of gift
- Property transaction documents e.g. mortgage or charge
Attestation services can enable you your settlement, marriage, inheritance, adoption of children, other civil matters, or your investment and economic activities in Mainland China.
China attesting services can effectively protect your legal rights and interests in Mainland China.